Why does the stainless steel door rust?
When a stainless steel door has brown rust spots (spots) on its surface, everyone will feel strange: 'Stainless steel doors do not rust. It is not stainless steel that rusts. In fact, this is a one-sided misunderstanding of the lack of understanding of stainless steel doors. Stainless steel doors are in some case will rust.
Stainless steel door panels have the ability to resist atmospheric oxidation - that is, do not corrode, but also have the ability to corrode in acid, alkali and salt media - that is, corrosion resistance. However, its corrosion resistance varies according to the chemical form of the steel itself, the state of mutual addition, the conditions of use and the type of environmental media. For example, 304 steel pipe has excellent anti-corrosion ability in a dry and clean atmosphere, but when moved to the sea, it will quickly rust in the sea fog containing a lot of salt; 316 steel pipe has good performance. Therefore, it is not any kind of stainless steel door panel. It is corrosion resistant and will not rust in any environment.
Surface film damage takes many forms and is more common in everyday life.
The stainless steel door panel relies on the thin, firm, dense and stable chromium-rich oxide film (protective film) formed on its surface to prevent the continuous penetration and oxidation of oxygen atoms, thereby obtaining corrosion resistance. Once the film continues to be damaged for some reason, the oxygen atoms in the air or liquid will continue to penetrate or the iron atoms in the metal will continue to precipitate, forming loose iron oxide, and the metal surface will continue to rust. Surface film damage takes many forms and is more common in everyday life.
1. There is dust or foreign matter containing other metal elements and metal particles on the surface of the stainless steel door panel. In humid air, condensation between the fittings and the stainless steel door connects them into tiny batteries to generate electricity. The chemical reaction destroys the protective film, which is called electrochemical corrosion.
2. Organic juices (such as wax gourd, vegetables, noodle soup, sputum, etc.) are attached to the surface of the stainless steel door panel. Organic acids are formed in the presence of water and oxygen, and they can corrode metal surfaces over time.
3. Acid, alkali, salt and other substances are attached to the surface of the stainless steel door panel (such as alkali water, lime water splashed on the decorative wall), causing local corrosion.
4. In the polluted air (such as the atmosphere containing a large amount of sulfides, carbon oxides and nitrogen oxides), liquid spots such as sulfuric acid, nitric acid, and acetic acid will be formed when encountering cold condensate, causing chemical corrosion.
The above conditions will cause damage to the protective film on the surface of the stainless steel door panel and rust. Therefore, to ensure that metal surfaces are shiny and free from corrosion, we recommend:
1. The surface of decorative stainless steel door panels should be cleaned and scrubbed frequently to remove attachments and eliminate external factors that cause deterioration.
2. 316 stainless steel doors should be used in coastal areas, and the 316 material is resistant to seawater corrosion.
3. The chemical composition of some stainless steel doors on the market cannot meet the requirements of the corresponding national standards and 304 materials. Therefore, it can also cause rust, which requires the user to carefully select products from reputable manufacturers.
If you have a architectural metal fabrication business, be sure to choose a from Foshan Topson Stainless Steel Co., Ltd.. After all, you need quality equipment in order to provide your customers with quality service.
Foshan Topson Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. looks forward for the meeting and the association with your esteemed company.
Turn to Foshan Topson Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. if you are looking for premier architectural metal fabrication solution, affordable packages, and quality architectural metalwork products! We produce wide series of high quality, first-class , and provide professional architectural metalwork services at great prices.
Another way to maintain the professional yet engaging innovative technology in architectural metalwork is by embedding new skills directly on manufacturing.
The key to architectural metalwork is understanding where there is a problem or need in certain markets and knowing how to solve it.