- Stainless Steel Decorative Sheets
- Metal Works
How to solve the burn-through and deformation of stainless steel plates during welding?
Stainless steel sheet has less constraint 'it is subject to localized heating and cooling' uneven heating and cooling 'when the longitudinal shortening of the weld exceeds a certain value at the edge of the sheet, the weldment will produce uneven stress and strain' it will produce Severe wave deformation', which affects the shape quality of the welded workpiece.
The main measures to solve the burn-through deformation of stainless steel plates during welding are as follows:
1. Strictly control the heat input on the welding joint 'select the appropriate welding method and process parameters (mainly welding current, arc voltage and welding speed);
2. Small nozzles are generally used for thin plate welding, but it is recommended to use a large nozzle diameter as much as possible to make the weld protection surface larger during welding, effectively isolate the air for a long time, and make the weld form better oxidation resistance.
3. The cerium tungsten rod is φ1.5, the sharpness of grinding should be higher, and the length of the tungsten rod out of the nozzle should be as long as possible, which will make the base metal melt faster, that is, the melting temperature rises faster and the temperature is more concentrated, so , we can melt the location that needs to be melted as soon as possible without increasing the temperature of the base metal more, so that the area where the stress changes in the material will be smaller, and ultimately the deformation of the material will be reduced.
4. It is particularly important to choose a reasonable welding sequence to control the residual deformation of welding. Symmetrical welding should be used as far as possible for the structure of symmetrical welds; for asymmetrical structures, the side with less welds should be welded first, and then the side with more welds should be welded. Make the post-welding deformation sufficient, eliminate the frontal deformation, and reduce the overall deformation.
5. The assembly size should minimize the interface gap. If the gap is slightly larger, it is easy to burn through or form a large weld bead;
6. The clamping force must be evenly balanced by the hardcover clamps.
Welding points of stainless steel plate: strictly control the linear energy on the welded joint 'to reduce the heat input as much as possible under the premise of completing the welding, so as to reduce the heat affected zone' to avoid the above defects.
architectural metal fabrication architectural metalwork is liked by everyone and is used in every household.
Foshan Topson Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. would like to provide our customers with as near perfect protection, as near perfect service as is humanly possible and to do so at the lowest possible cost.'
Many business owners and professionals use services like Foshan Topson Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. to stay on top of manufacturing industry, monitor products’ quality and keep an eye on competitors.
Regularly improving architectural metalwork in accordance with customer feedback is a great way to show your brand listens and cares.
Another way to maintain the professional yet engaging innovative technology in architectural metalwork is by embedding new skills directly on manufacturing.